should I buy one...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by HasanDaddy, Apr 26, 2008.

1. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

Okay.... I'll just throw it out there and add to the endless 'should I buy it' questions - lol

I'm a filmmaker and I LOVE my Lapzilla (17") --- however, lately, I'm in film development and mostly finding myself writing screenplays, with the possibility of minor design work (Aperture, Pages, etc)

I'm doing ZERO editing lately ---- for those of you who might've switched from a MBP to MBA -

1. Screen Real Estate - did it annoy you to have a smaller screen? Or was it not really that big of a deal/

2. Pages/Aperture - did these programs run well on MBA?

THank you all!!!

2. beast macrumors member

Pages runs fine on the MBA and while Aperture does run on the MBA it is a little sluggish (but depends on how much work you do using RAW). I know that Aperture has a quick preview mode, but in this mode you can't adjust the RAW files.
    The best advice anyone can give you is: go to a store and just try a MBA and see whether you're happy working with the smaller screen.
    Personally, I don't like doing much photo or video work on the smaller screen, but is fine for just viewing and arranging your photos on the move. If i didn't have the Pro to do work on, I would not have got an Air.