I was hoping new iMacs would have been announced yesterday, but ah well, they weren't. Now I'm deciding whether I should buy an iMac now or wait. Here's the sitch: I'm learning 3D development, and I'm currently using a 13" Macbook Pro. The limiting factor right now for me is RAM: even for simple scenes, Maya runs out and memory and dies if I have any other apps open along side it. So I close out Safari, iTunes, Messages, and so on, while I model. The CPU and GPU on the Macbook are good enough for the simple scenes I'm working with. It would just be better to have at least 32 GB RAM. The current iMacs are good enough for 3D modeling. There's at least one studio I know of that uses the 5k iMacs as their primary modeling machines, and that studio produces work I'm at least a few years away from being able to produce. So I think buying an iMac now would last me a few years. I plan to get the maxed out core i7 iMac with the upgraded dedicated GPU, but only 8GB RAM. Then, I'll buy 32GB RAM separately to boost it up to 40GB total, while saving some money. Another idea would be to buy the iMac, then sell it and buy the next version in a few months if there are worthwhile updates. So what would you do if you were in this situation? Would you hold off, and use the Macbook Pro? Or would you buy the iMac now? Also, I know that I could buy a PC for much cheaper and get more power. I'm not particularly uninterested in switching back to Windows, and not because I'm anti-Windows, or anything. In fact, I was a Windows fan for many years until I got my first Mac in 2013. I just prefer the Apple ecosystem right now. Thanks for the input!