Should I buy the existing Macbook Pro or wait for the updated version in April/May?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cluelessz, Jan 6, 2012.

1. cluelessz macrumors newbie

My Toshiba laptop died recently and I am now looking into getting a Macbook Pro. I've been hearing rumours about the new Macbook Pro with higher resolution etc., possibly new design etc. Kind of in need of a laptop now, just wondering if it would be worth waiting for the newer version. Advice please!

2. klutchrider macrumors newbie

I'd say just buy it now and if the new refresh is that great you can resell it when the new one releases for a slight loss like 50 bucks or so.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not sure why you're asking here. Only you can answer as to whether or not you can go that long without a laptop. If I was buying now, I wouldn't wait. Obviously, YMMV.

4. Ant.honey macrumors regular

5. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Buy now. There's no guarantee that there will be an update in April/May. Anything that you've heard that suggests that time frame is pure speculation.

If you can get by with waiting possibly until late summer/early fall, then wait. Otherwise buy now, and if the refresh is so incredibly amazing that you can't live without it then you can always resell and trade up.

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

How would the OP only lose 50 bucks? Let know where I can sell used MPA for $50 off retail.

7. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Whats an mpa?

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I dont know :)

9. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Uggggghhh..

Once again, I think ALWAYS Buy it IF you NEED it!!

:rolleyes: