Should I buy the existing Macbook Pro or wait for the updated version in April/May?

cluelessz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
1
0
My Toshiba laptop died recently and I am now looking into getting a Macbook Pro. I've been hearing rumours about the new Macbook Pro with higher resolution etc., possibly new design etc. Kind of in need of a laptop now, just wondering if it would be worth waiting for the newer version. Advice please!
 

klutchrider

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
1
0
I'd say just buy it now and if the new refresh is that great you can resell it when the new one releases for a slight loss like 50 bucks or so.
 

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
504
7
Buy now. There's no guarantee that there will be an update in April/May. Anything that you've heard that suggests that time frame is pure speculation.

If you can get by with waiting possibly until late summer/early fall, then wait. Otherwise buy now, and if the refresh is so incredibly amazing that you can't live without it then you can always resell and trade up.