Should I buy the iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicholas.C, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if I should.

I sold my iPod touch + my iPod nano, + loads of games and got £230 from it..

Not sure if I should buy it tho? I'm not sure if I'll get call drops or not?

Can anyone tell me if they get call drops IN THE UNITED KINGDOM..

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The dropped calls are related to people not upgrading to the 2.0.2 firmware. I have heard fewer problems in the UK due to fewer users per tower, but I would suspect that all is well, or getting better, everywhere.

TEG

3. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Im a uk user and have never had a dropped call. I wouldnt worry about drop calls in the Uk as we have a much more established 3G network than the US. As long as you dont live out in the sticks you should be fine.

4. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Yes get one.

Im in the UK and i have one dropped call in 4 weeks. I dont think thats to bad.

5. ns04 macrumors newbie

ns04

the question you should be asking yourself is...should i get a white or black iPhone 3g?

6. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Yes.

Get black.

I've never had a call drop. As for physical defects, mainly the yellow screen, check it in store. Whilst you might look daft at the time, it saves taking it back numerous amounts of times -- like me.

7. Neebee macrumors 6502a

Let's put it this way. If I had to do it all over again, I would buy the Nokia N95 instead of the iPhone. The N95 is an uglly phone but packed full of features , has excellent GPS apps that dont require you to subscribe to a data plan to utlizie the GPS full functions, and you don't need to mess around with synching with iTunes. It's easily recognized by your OS, at least in Windows. BTW, the N95 has been around for a while, this is the 4th version so it's virtually bug free.

See this link for more comparisons: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1396880

8. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

No one is forcing you to add media to your phone. You don't need to sync it with iTunes in order for it work, after the initial activation.

And as for it being easily recognised by the OS, please don't make me laugh. Apple hardware seeing eye to eye is what they do best, iPods and iPhones glide along with the operating system, whether is be their own Mac OS or Winblows, effortlessly.

Its older technology, and its taken them a 4th attempt to do something with it, and its still butt ugly, slower than an olympian with one leg, and do I need to even mention the unfriendliness of the so-called UI?

Oh, also, in the time its taken them to come close to ironing out all the bugs in the N95, and believe me there are a lot, Apple has released two generations of iPhone. And its near flawless.

9. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

I'm a UK user and have had no dropped calls in one month.

The phone is a little flakier than the first gen model when it comes to the OS but this is solved by restarting the phone.

I have no regrets - I doubt that you will either

10. Neebee macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you're doing your darnest trying to put down the Nokia and placing the iPhone on a pedastal. :rolleyes: