Should I buy the iPod Touch 4G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SpunkyTheMunky, Oct 27, 2011.

1. SpunkyTheMunky macrumors newbie

So, should I buy the iPod Touch 4G? Since the "new" iPod Touch just came out, do we all expect that it will be a while before the 5G comes out? Or maybe sooner than we expect since it was such a small update? What do you think would be the smart thing to do? I'm craving the 4G since I am suffering from the slowness of my 2G, but don't want to regret not waiting. Idk how long I should expect to wait if I decide to.

Lme know what you think!:)

2. thunderboltmac macrumors member

thunderboltmac

now or never!!!

since its still the beginning of the cycle, i suggest u to get it now or you will regret getting later because there will be a new one.
    :cool:

3. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

iTouches have annually been released every September, so I have no idea what the !@&% Apple was doing this year. Anyways, the relase was delayed and we got a white iPod, and I bet my buttons that's all we'll be seeing this year. So, yeah, unless you feel like waiting till next September I recommend you buy the 4G.

4. SpunkyTheMunky thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks for the responses. Does anybody know if the new iPod touches come with iOS 5 on them? Cause It runs better with iOS 4 right? I've heard problems with iOS 5 on a 4g. Also, what are opinions on buying used? Or is that kinda risky on craigslist and such since the battery could be sub par ad whatnot? Is it smart to check the model number? Would there be any advantage whatsoever o buy the latest iPod opposed to the 'older' 4g or is the ONLY difference that you can get it in white? Thanks!:) sorry I'm full of Qs :p

5. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

IOS 5 runs just fine on it.

If you're planning on keeping it, why not get a new one. Or, if the Apple store still has refurbished, get one of those.

6. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

iOS 5 is awesome on iPod touch 4 and it should come with iOS 5.

7. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

A new Ipod Touch just came out? I've been looking on eBay for a used one, and some guys are selling ones that are a year old and indicating they are the latest generation.

What did I miss?

8. SpunkyTheMunky thread starter macrumors newbie

Well when they released the iPhone 4S they also released an iPod touch that comes in white. So I guess what I'm wondering is if there is absolutely any difference if I buy the iPod touch 4g or this other 'new' one. Are they identical but now it comes in white?

9. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Spunkythemonkey -- you have clearly NOT been paying attention . . .

10. WLS macrumors 65816

You should buy a used 4Gen. Even though Apple lowered the price of the entry level version you can still get better value with a gently used one. you may have to update it yourself to OS5 but that's no big deal. There is no improvement with the "new" one. I'm looking to get a 3rd Gen one myself and save some money.

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

ios5 runs fine on my ipod touch 4g. i'd certainly buy it. why not?

12. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

I have one and love it. You can even make calls on it over WiFi.

13. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

You would have no idea what happened to the used device, who used it and what it has been through.

Get a new one so that your mind won't have to worry.