Should I buy the most recent rmbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mottrac, May 28, 2015.

1. mottrac macrumors newbie

So, I am looking at getting myself a new MacBook Pro.

I have an iMac as my main system and used an iPad 3 for anything portable, but I require a proper os now rather than iOS.

Should I get the most recent update of the rmbp, or is it likely that Apple will release a whole new MacBook Pro in the near future.

Thoughts?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

They, have updated the macbook pro this year the 13 inch 2 months ago, the 15 inch 2 weeks ago. There will be no updates until next year Q1-Q2 would be my guess, when the appropriate skylake processors are released.

There is no indication of a redesign, although some optomists here think it'll come with skylake, I think it's more likely to be canonlake the year after.

As is always the case if you need a computer buy one.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It depends on your definition of "near future" ;)

Seriously, there's a few discussions floating around here how apple may release an update this fall or winter that will include the skylake cpu and a major update. We really don't know what apple will do at this stage. If you want to wait until October or later, then you may have the opportunity to get one of those. The downside is that they may not come out and/or you'll be without a new computer for an extended period of time.