Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad' started by timcullis, Oct 24, 2012.
Wait until the iPad 5 is released next quarter.
You should wait until it shows up on the refurb store, and buy it from there.
i'm more interested in the 4 than the mini
i'll sell it when the 5 comes out
except this probably won't be the case.
why do people ask questions what they should do? it's your choice.
I'm gonna trade in each model for the newest.
If you are a first time buyer go for it.
If you are moving from an iPad 1 or 2 go for it.
If you have a 3rd gen I say wait unless you are a hardcore gamer that MUST have the perf boost.
Most of us wont notice the difference in speed (web browsing, email, movies, casual games, etc...) and I predict that sometime between May/June 2013 we will see the new iPad with thinner design, casing ala iPhone 5/mini with white and black back, possible CPU boost again.
I would also say around this time we get the 2nd gen mini with Retina and 6X chip. I would suspect the mini will always be one gen behind in CPU speed as to not kill the big brother iPad sales.
I would skip the 5 and go for the 7 when its released. no, I meant 8, or maybe 9...
This is purely the speculation of an analyst at this point--and anyone can speculate. I wouldn't count on an iPad 5 until we start seeing leaked parts.
Since Apple has made a clean break with their past pattern, it's anyone's guess as to when the next one comes out.
I posted in jest.
Wait for the 6th gen...its going to be better than the 5th gen.
Nope, wait for the 7th gen, which would be much better than the 6th one....or hold on...wait for.... keep waiting
Or hold on forever and never upgrade due to fear of upgrading.
apple is seriously getting ridiculous. I expected Apple to be full of confidence and innovate rather than being insecure in the marketing. Just because MS surface is about come to out... Apple needs to focus on new products.
Get a refurb'd 3. Sell it when the 5th gen comes out. You'll take a minimum loss and get to have an iPad for a Year ... or a quarter of a year
Im going to wait for the 12th generation iPad... When Apple introduces the 3D icons and hologram keyboard... Also we will see transparent screen
Personally I have the iPad 3, I am going to buy the until the iPad five comes out. I don't think the iPad 4 is that much of an update.
I will never understand why anyone would ask others to make this choice for them but then . . . . .
As a general rule I take what analysts say with a pinch of salt, often they predict what is inevitable. However, although the iPad 4 got a processor boost what it didn't get is any advance in the screen technology such as the new touch sensors of the iPhone 5 which reduced thickness. Given Apples obsession with thinness and that the iPad3/4 is thicker than the iPad 2 I would not be surprised, come March/April, we see another revision which makes the iPad thinner with updated screen and battery technology.
Dargy! I'm planning on getting my first iPad in the near future and yesterday I'd decided to jump in with the 4, but if this is true, I might hesitate because I would love if it weighed a bit less.
They should call it the "iPad 4 months". Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, IPAD 5!!! Would they really do that? That just seems preposterous.
if this were any other case OP i would say why wait since products get updated more regularly, but in this case i can't see apple keeping the same shell for another year.
eventually it will get back down to the iPad 2 size and probably look more in style like the back of an iphone 5 or the mini iPad.
Trader who wants apple stock to do better:
Leak to tech sites:
"There are supply/manufacture problems for the display/glass/case for the next iphone/ipad meaning that availability will be limited"
Trader who wants apple stock to do worse:
Leak to tech sites:
"There's a new one with better features coming out in a few months"
If you want one buy the new one now so you can enjoy it because you may very well end up waiting longer than you expect....The analysts get release dates wrong all the time especially speculating on the next one this far in advance...The new chip will be more than enough to keep performance ahead of the competition till next fall.....