Should I buy the new iPad now?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by golf1410, May 13, 2012.

1. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

I have an eyes on the new iPad wfi version 32 GB for a while. There are many potential problems about the new iPad. WiFi and heat problem. We don't know the causes yet. Even, apple knows what is wrong with the new iPad. Apple will not let us know. They may work on and solve problem.
    Should I buy it now or wait?

2. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

Based on what I've seen in person and having returned 4 new iPads, I'm waiting until next year to see if the quality is better.

3. weidmark macrumors newbie

Buy it and enjoy it... If you look for problems with it... You won't be happy with it

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Not everyone has a problem with their new iPad. Buy it now.

5. mustu macrumors 6502

I am one pro apple person and the one to get anything on launch day. I have never had such a bad purchase history with apple as I did with this new iPad. 22 iPads with dust and or dead pixels...... I mean WTF!!! I finally got a white 64 GB LTE with no dead pixels or dust but the screen is a bit green and pink I am going to see if my eyes adjust to it or back it goes and I will pick one after 3 months. By then I am guessing they would have sorted and ironed the bugs out !!!!

6. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

7. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Buy it and enjoy! Life is too short for "what if..."

8. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Just buy it now. I have a white iPad 64GB Wifi and I've had no problems. If you get a bad one, Apple will switch it out for you anyways,

9. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

10. rkahl macrumors 65816

You have 2 weeks to try it. Nothing to lose really.

11. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

The heat thing is for LTE iPads. So if you aren't getting LTE thats a moot point.

12. raggdoll macrumors regular

Did I read that right? 22 iPads? You returned that many?

Wow, I hope not, cause if so your life must be very dreary and boring

I mean WTF!!!! :eek:

13. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

14. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I bought online, from Amazon, via a third party,mand my iPad is perfect. This thing sold three million units the first weekend. Do you see three million on this forum complaining? Don't let a skewed sampling over iPad owners affect your decision.

And THERE IS MO HEAT ISSUE. There never was.

15. jojoba macrumors 68000

I got mine a month and a half ago, and it's excellent. I tested it extensively in the store before I took it home, so I wouldn't have to deal with return issues etc.

16. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

17. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The vast majority of people have no issues with the new iPad. I got mine on launch day and it's perfect with no pink or yellow hue, nor any dead pixels or dust--and believe me I've looked. I have returned other tablets for screen issues.

18. transphasic macrumors member

Huh? I have a 64GB LTE, and have zero issues; perfect screen, ipad gets slightly warm at most, etc.

Where do people get this nonsense from?

Apple sells 15 million units, and there's an issue? Just absurd, it makes you wonder if competitors are trolling these forums.

19. jacob-07 macrumors regular

Love mine, I think you should buy now. I haven't experienced any wifi issues, the iPad does get warm but it doesn't make it unusable and it should not be a deciding factor in your purchase.

20. NineFace, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012

NineFace macrumors newbie

I was worries too for the past few weeks about the screen color tint that a lot of people here has problem with but I couldn't wait anymore and bought it last week here in Australia (new stock came) I came back home set 100% brightness check for dead pixel, tint, heat etc. But my New iPad is fine :D so happy that I don't have to go back to the shop!!! About the heat it near winter over here so I can tell much I gaming and watch some movies a lot it got a bit warm but no where near hot or anything. I think you should be fine.

p.s. one thing I noticed the new ipad screen is very high saturation and high contrast I comparing(movie) it with my laptop and I think it a bit too saturate :(

21. golf1410 thread starter macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Thank you guys,
    I bought mine today. I don't have a problem with WiFi reception yet. But I am still testing battery and stuffs. I hope I picked a good one.

22. xxstatic macrumors member

I'm not dissatisfied enough with my iPad 2 to want the new one....maybe someday it will give me a reason....

23. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Myself, I'm on my 3rd iPad 3 now, first one had a noticeable yellow cast on the screen, second one develop a wifi disconnection issue when it was 3 weeks old, the third one is now spot on, no wifi issue, and the screen is good.

With regards to heat, I think it's all blown out of proportion, yeah the iPad 3 runs a little hotter than previous models, but the processor, graphics chip are more
    powerful so this is to be expected.

My advice is, if you like the iPad 3 then go and get one. If you do have the issues you've mentioned and I've mentioned, then you can always take it back to your Apple store or arrange a replacement online.

24. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I got one on launch day and it's perfect.

My first iPad was perfect, my first iPad 2 was perfect, and my first new iPad was perfect.

I have 4 friends who bought the new iPad over the past couple of weeks, and all theirs are perfect.

I'm not saying there aren't some issues, but I feel that the kind of people on this forum can sometimes look for issues rather than enjoy their new device.

I'm talking about geeks, tech nerds, etc. And that isn't an insult, i'm here too, and I enjoy it being here, but I think you'll find that normal people in the real world aren't having these issues.

Go get a new iPad and live your life.

If somethings wrong with it, Apple have great customer service and i'm sure they will sort it out for you :)

25. Pinkiy macrumors regular

Pinkiy

i bought mine last friday and i've not had any problems :/ as people say if you go looking you will find.

Also something to consider that if theres issues people are more likely to voice there opinion or complaint. If someone is happy then the product is doing its job and they wont say a word. what im getting at is you have to make your own judgement as sometimes when you read forums you only read the bad stuff.