should I buy the new ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gabo864, Sep 26, 2012.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Hey everyone

I just sold my iPad 2 and Im already missing it! I really can't wait until march 2013, but Ive heard rumors about a new one coming out in Oct. How likely it is for Apple to release a new ipad or an ipad mini in Oct? do you think maybe apple wont release a new one, but might refresh the current iPad and add the new dock connector? what should I do? should I just buy the new ipad? :(

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Rumors are heavy that an iPad mini will be released in October but of course no one knows for sure. I doubt that Apple will release an update to the current 9.7 inch model until about March-ish of 2013.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Sure why not? And tomorrow have turkey for lunch.

4. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

I am hoping for a mini I want to get my 7 year old one.

5. andrewlgm macrumors 6502

andrewlgm

if you have money to spend, go for it. But i'd wait as I'm not very fond of the extra thickness of the ipad 3, how slow it charges and how much of "not" an advance it is when compared to the 2. The only better thing for me is the screen resolution. If that counts the most for you, go for it. For me it didn't.

6. Bokes macrumors 6502

Buy it back.
    Sell it again when the v4 is released.
    The v3 is nice if you didn't have the iPad 2.
    My guess is v4 will have the better screen but as thin and light as the v2.
    V4 should hit the sweet spot.

7. terrymaz macrumors regular

i recently added the new ipad to my collection and gave my ipad 2 to my wife. The slight extra thickness does not bother me. I do have vision issues so the bump in clarity is a great plus to me. It also seems to operate alot faster than my 2. Just my opinion but i would go for it. Remember, when the new one comes out in march you can always upgrade and sell the old one....They do hold pretty good value. You really cant go wrong .)

Terry ;)

8. Virinprew macrumors 6502

No way. Oct iPad update is a dream. The best thing Apple will do is some kind of black Friday sale. Cut iPad price slightly during shopping season. iPad and iPad mini will be release next year. I am sure.

9. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Buy now, u won't regret it! U can always sell next year if the new one appeals to you

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Purchase the iPad3, enjoy it and maybe even pass the next generation. My iPad does all I want it to do seamlessly and effortlessly. Sure the next bump in production will have neat features, but right now this iPad does all I need it to do and then some so can't image the need (unlike the iPhone!) to replace it so quickly.