Should I buy the new iPod touch 6th gen if...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AmazingTechGeek, Jul 17, 2015.

1. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

If I have an iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5s? My iPhone's battery is crap now, so I can't play games when I'm out and about without worry about it dying, so I only really use it for mail, calls, and texts. I use my iPad at home or at a place where I'll remain for a long while. Would getting the new iPod merit that? I'm thinking about getting it, but don't know if it's a good investment.

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Honestly, you could save those $200 + tax (if you were planning on buying the 16GB version), sell your iPhone 5s at a good price (maybe $300?) and spend only a bit more to get the upcoming iPhone 6s. That's what I would do, but it's only a suggestion :)

3. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

I'd spend that money to replace the battery in your iPhone 5s.

4. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

DON'T replace the battery in your 5S!! I'm sure it's fine, my 6 has 100% of its capacity still and I run into very similar battery issues. Games, high brightness, lots of photo capture/video recording, and cellular data cause atrocious battery life. Combine any of the two, and it automatically is safe to say that you will get less than 4-5 hours of use, which sucks. Again, this is what I've found on my 6, and everyone says the 6 has better battery life and is great. Yeah, I can say there's a difference but it isn't night and day.

I wouldn't say your idea is a bad one. The iPod can take the heavy load with games, while battery of your iPhone is preserved so it can serve its unique purposes, calls, SMS/MMS, and Internet usage on the go. The iPod would act as a good side kick, and as long as you have the funds, go for it.

If you would be breaking the bank for this, I would advise for you to move on and get a portable battery pack that can charge your iPhone a time or two.

5. AmazingTechGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

Good advice. Thank you.

6. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I just bought the new iPod touch and have an iPhone 6. I personally love the iPod and having a secondary device that I am not afraid to use when working out etc. definitely personal choice though. Good device though the new iPod is.

7. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Iphone 6 battery is definitely not "night and day" it can barely get through "the day" on my uses.
    But Ipod touch 6 is no ipad either. For how i see it, you will end up with 2 devices out of battery at the same time sharing the charging dock.

If they make Ipod touch 6 a tad thicker and put in Ambient light censor with 2500 mah battery. Then im getting that day one.

8. AmazingTechGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

How long does the new iPod touch last playing games?