Should I buy the new macbook now?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rocksyluv, Oct 27, 2008.

1. rocksyluv macrumors newbie

Okay, I'm so excited that the new macbook came out, but I dont go to college until Sept. of next year. Should I buy the new macbook now or wait until college? Do you think it will be a while before a newer version comes out?
    My current laptop is completely fried. What to do? :confused:

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

<sigh>

If you need a laptop now, buy one. If you don't, then wait.

It really is as simple as that.

3. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

What you see is what you get for the 13 and 15 inch model until next year around this time. The 17 inch might get a quad core like other pc laptops out now but who really needs a quad in a laptop. The battery life wouldn't be that great, and probably run pretty hot. Alot depends on what you need it for. I wanted portability and light weight so just grabbed a macbook. I got the 2ghz model and runs great. To save a few bucks, wait for a refurb on them.

4. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

It's really up to you. If you really need a laptop right now, you should go for it. If you have a desktop computer and you don't really need the portability until next Sept, then wait for it.
    If the MacBooks were to be upgraded by September, they will probably do speed bumps, nothing really special. Anyways, if you really, really, really need it, just buy it.

5. CoreyMac macrumors regular

honestly if you wait til next september to buy a new mac notebook....chances are you'll be pretty pissed off if theyre updated next October/November. I'd say buy one now since yours is fried, and you wont feel as though you were screwed as a late adopter

6. Floodgrunt macrumors member

7. Floodgrunt macrumors member

No more help needed on the html code for the 360 view, I found the address myself, I will not share the way I found the address with you guys, it's quite obvious if you know a lot about html code (I suck at html...).
    The address of the 3d view is here:
    This is the code for the Iframe view:
    This is the address of the promotional video:
    Here is the IFRAME code for those of us who want to frame sites and other HTML themselves:

8. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

You will get the free ipod promo if you wait for next summer, so if you can wait that's always nice.

9. molala macrumors 6502a

They've been updating the Macbook line twice a year. So there will probably be an update in March-April. If you don't need it now, just wait.

10. zenntench_oni macrumors regular

zenntench_oni

lol really true :) im also going to wait. for that promotion. and since i dont start till fall 2009

11. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

12. Jeeves macrumors newbie

Jeeves

Here in the UK and elsewhere in Europe that free ipod deal is still on.:p So we can buy the new macbook and get a new ipod nano. However we are being ripped off with the price, but hopefully I will buy the new macbook, with a free ipod nano and free printer this week. (first mac, yeah :D)

13. nubee macrumors member

Once you start waiting, you might end up wanting to wait for the next major "revision." That happened to me, and I waited forever. lol I'm glad I did, though.

Just a thought.

14. rocksyluv thread starter macrumors newbie

Waiting for the promo and the updates is a good idea, but Im just scared that I'll keep on waiting forever, too... Hmm. I think I'll wait till next summer. sounds good :)

15. senna5194 macrumors newbie

careful!

don't buy yet - the next new thing's right around the corner! Then yours will be older, slower and not as shiny! Always wait for the new one that's almost here!