Should I buy the new MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BryceWallace, Jun 20, 2012.

1. BryceWallace macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro from late 2011. Should I Get the new MacBook Pro? Or the Air? Or keep the one I have?

2. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

Is the Macbook Pro 2011 good enough for what you use if so keep it? And not really enough information to be going on to give you an informed decision.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Well first you need to be give more details. Is there something wrong with your current computer? Do you wish to have something smaller, thinner, slightly faster?

If not, just keep what you have.

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

How do you expect people to be able to help you at all when you've given no useful information. Do you like the one you have? Does it do what you need it to do? Think about what you have, what you need, and make a rational decision.

5. ljx718 macrumors 6502

no, you shouldnt get it.

6. smotania macrumors member

smotania

We all know what your need are and what you using the MBP for ;) but from the way that u asked i think no ;)

7. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

Most people keep their Macbooks for at least 2-3 years before replacing it.

Everyone's asking about what this guy's needs are, but it doesn't matter because a late 2011 MBP is still good enough to accomplish most things even professionals do. And judging from the way this person asked, I doubt they're a professional who require that slight boost in power.

Short answer: No.

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

if you mean the non retina model than no there is not point if you ahve the late 2011, the Air and Rentina are two different models thatn you currently have so those are legit different that what you currently have so you still have to ask your self why change and what are you looking for in either of those that your current mbp doesnt have