iPad Should I buy the Pro and Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Liquinn Suspended

2. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

It really depends on what your needs are, why are you considering purchasing two iPads for instance?

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

To complete the 6S, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro and iPad Air 2 collection.

4. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I guess the mini will be more portable and the Pro will have the bigger screen.

5. pika2000 macrumors 68030

If it was me, I would get the mini first, an the pro if I still have some budget left. I have the mini 2, and the moment I have it, I ditched my regular sized iPad (iPad 4 at that time). The portability of the mini allows me to pretty much take it with me anywhere, improving its utilisation.

6. Kal-037, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015

Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    The mini is a great portable and super, super light iPad with some great horse power, and then you have the much more powerful beast that is the iPad pro (along with that giant screen.) The mini is super portable while the Pro is not as much.
    Personally I have the mini 4, and it's great and all, but I feel since I will have the iPad Pro and a 6s Plus, I'll have no real use for the mini. I'll still wait and see after trying out the Pro for a while though.
    If the Pro is enough, I'll sell my mini 4 to go towards buying a Retina MacBook gen 2. I need a laptop for basic work and stuff.
    ***sorry I went off topic.
    To answer your question, I don't think you need both. But since the price of the Pro is so much I'd research to see which one would be more suited for your needs. So look at some reviews of the mini, try both out in an Aplle store, and then decide which one, (and hey, you may decide you want both.) In the end, none of us can really say what you should do. Either way it's your money, and if you are okay with, and can afford to pay for both... Do that.
    Either way you win. :)
    Sorry if I wasn't much help (or my opinion is weird and contradicts itself. lol)

Kal.

7. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

My ultimate plan is to ditch my iPad Air2 and get a Mini cell + non cell Pro. I will leave the pro at home most of the time and use the Mini for outside the house.

8. fm_carv macrumors member

fm_carv

that's like asking if you should buy a Ford F-150 or a Fiat 500....

9. Ctguy macrumors member

yeah that's my plan too. just bought iPad mini 4 lte a month ago after gave iPad air 2 away. And just ordered iPad pro wifi

10. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

I have the iPad Mini 4 + LTE but am ditching it for iPad Pro+LTE. I realized that my iPm4 always stays in my bag anyways, so what's the point if I can stow my Pro in there too? I just need a hotspot device for my iPhone at work, honestly (phone works on Tmo, no coverage in office, so I pull coverage from Vz on my iPad).