iPod Should i buy this ipod with a prob?

Uselessdreamer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Kentucky
My boss bought an ipod on ebay and it was messed up. its a pink ipod mini 4 gig i think. On the screen there is a folder with an exclamation mark on it. Im guessing its the HDD. He said he would sell it too me for $15. I dont know if this problem is easy to fix. Hell i dont know if thats a problem. It doesnt come with a cord either, which i need to get. So should i get it?:confused:

vi2867

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2006
Eastvale, CA
The hard drive may be dead...

On the other hand, you maybe able to restore it with the Apple software.

It is just a question of you willing to take a chance on $15.00...

You can always sell it on eBay for parts...;)

Uselessdreamer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Kentucky
well i talked my boss into letting me try some stuff on it before i buy it. came home hooked it up to the comp. it starts charging then after about 1 min the apple comes on the screen then the folder with the exclamation mark comes up. Took the ipod apart and disconnected everything. Same thing. Tried to get itunes to reconise it...it doesnt. nor does windows or my mac. PLEASE help me. I know this has to be an easy fix. If not i could always buy a hdd for it.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Uselessdreamer1 said:
My boss bought an ipod on ebay and it was messed up. its a pink ipod mini 4 gig i think. On the screen there is a folder with an exclamation mark on it. Im guessing its the HDD. He said he would sell it too me for $15. I dont know if this problem is easy to fix. Hell i dont know if thats a problem. It doesnt come with a cord either, which i need to get. So should i get it?:confused:
Buy it for $15 and Ill give you $20:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.