Should I buy this Macbook, and if this will be my first Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chrisedmonds, Sep 29, 2009.

1. chrisedmonds macrumors newbie

Hello I really wanted your opinions on this guys and gals.
    I have found a Macbook on ebay for 600 dollars, and I wanted to know if this was a good deal. Heres the specs...
    2.16GHz
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    1GB ram
    120Gb HD
    SuperDrive
    DVD
    Intel GMA 950
    Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
    Lots of preinstalled programs
    White
    It also appears to be in very good condition

So do you guys think this is a good deal???
    Or should I wait to see if there is a refresh coming along side the Imac's?
    Or should I get the new Macbook Pro 13 that 800 dollars and its the 2.0 GHz version. Thanks any help would be greatly appericated.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Just FYI, the 13" "Pro" for $800 isn't a Pro if it's running the 2.0ghz chip...

That CPU was only available before Apple bumped the 13" Aluminum MacBook to the "Pro" tier. The Pro will come with either a 2.26 or 2.53ghz chip.

3. chrisedmonds thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok that clears that up but the 800 dollar Macbook is the newer aluminum one, But what do you think about the other white Macbook. And again this is going to be my first Macbook. Thanks

4. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Personally, I think the aluminium unibody MacBooks are much nicer than the older plastic ones.

5. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

6. chrisedmonds thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I agree that the aluminum body is much nicer, but unfortunaly the apple store is still to pricey, even for refurbs or student discount. So heres my plan go ahead and buy this one and then turn around and sell it and hope to god it goes for around 750-800, as it is pristine shape actually, and everything works even a new battery. And then buy the Unibody Macbook.:D So does anyone think this is a good plan!

7. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

work up another $200 and get the aluminum macbook. you won't regret it and you'll feel much less out-dated in years to come.

8. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I doubt that'd pan out very well. The WhiteBook you linked to is fairly old, with the older CPU technology and the 950GMA graphics.

Personally, I don't think you'd get much more than the $600 you'd buy it for. Just save up a bit more and buy a legit Apple Refurbished model and you'll be good to go.

9. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

No.

10. chrisedmonds thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok guys thanks I think I will back out while I still can, and just wait and save up my money and also see if there is a refresh coming next month. Thanks