Should I buy this used 23" ACD & iSight?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by phelsuma88, May 17, 2008.

1. phelsuma88 macrumors newbie

I need your advice on whether I should buy a used 23" ACD & iSight for $400.

The ACD has four "stuck" or "hot" pixels (they aren't black, they are white & red). I want to see if these be fixed with the various techniques and programs out there. It also has a pretty good scratch on the back and then other minor wear and tear.

The iSight seems to be in perfect condition.

I currently have a octo MacPro with a 30" ACD. I've been wanting to get a second display to play a movie, have itunes and have a couple other programs stay put while I switch between spaces. I stumbled across this deal and really torn on if I should pull the trigger. I could get a new 1TB hard drive and another 4GB of ram for $400.

Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks!

2. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

The thing I'd be careful of, is if you later decide you want to sell, it may become really difficult to sell it, although the iSight is possibly worth around $150 on it's own, so the ACD would only be costing you $250.

The decision's really whether or not you could put up with 4 stuck pixels. On such a high resolution screen, I'd think it's be really difficult to see unless they are all together.

3. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo

is a bargain!!!
    Go for it, the 23" acd is one of the best in its class (who cares 4 stuck pixels in 2millions).
    The isight is very expensive now, so he is right maybe 120~150USD

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

5. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

That's definitely a good deal. I sold an iSight on eBay last summer for over $150 and recently sold a 20" ACD for $380.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's a pretty good deal and it would be hard to find again. The ram and hard drive, though, will probably fall in price over time.

7. phelsuma88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your input everyone. I think I'm going to at least go check it out and I'll probably get it.