iPad Should I buy Verizon or AT&T iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by doxielover, Feb 23, 2014.

1. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I have T-mobile $30 prepaid plan but Target doesn't carry the T-mobile model. My Target has both Verizon and T-mobile. Which one should I buy? TIA

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

They are all the same model but the Verizon will give you the most options in case you ever want to use them since it will be registered on their system.

3. jkeating2005 macrumors regular

+1 All iPad Airs have unlocked GSM slots, so if you buy the Verizon it will have the ability to be activated on their network.

4. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

I bought a verizon model for the reasons listed above. It is currently activated on AT&T, but I could have just as easily used a t-Mobile sim.

5. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

So far my ATT LTE iPad Air is a rocket-ship performer. The signal is always strong too. I don't use cell data much but when I do it's great to have.

I also like how ATT seems to have several different plans to choose from. Version probably does too.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Technically all three are the same model, but only if you buy as the Verizon "model" can you activate it on Verizon later should you decide.

7. Tork macrumors regular

Tork

I'd take the above advice. Buy the Verizon, head to an ATT or T-Mo store depending on your preference of service/pricing to snare a new nano SIM, swap SIMs, and hang onto the Verizon SIM in case you'd like to use their service someday. That's what I did! Free data on T-Mo with the option to easily switch to ATT OR Verizon if need be!

8. eneisch macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know if this advice applies to the retina iPad mini as well? Was thinking of getting a t-mobile version for the free data since I don't plan to need mobile data too often....but if the Verizon model has the capability to connect to all three networks it might be worth getting that instead. Does it connect at 4G LTE speeds on all three networks? Can you use the pay as you go, no contract data plans?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

9. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Yes same for the iPad Retina Mini. Purchase the Verizon model and pickup a T-Mobile Sim for the 200 MB free data. It will connect LTE on all three networks and you can use it for pay as you go with the included Verizon SIM or purchased T-Mobile or AT&T SIMS.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It's not really a matter of the device as much as Verizon policy so it applies to all IOS devices (all iPads and all iPhones) that can be used with Verizon.