Should I buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by victory818, Nov 10, 2012.

1. victory818 macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Air now, but the logic board is faulty and audio does not work without a USB sound card, which is annoying, but fixing the logic board costs way too much.

So, I'm looking at buying a Pro. Question is, should I buy one now, or wait for the next one? When would the next gen be coming out?

Cheers :p

2. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

No idea when it comes out, but when it does there will be a Retina display available.
    I would wait for that.

3. rmcguinness9894 macrumors newbie

Retina display is already available. Where have you been?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Sure, go ahead and buy. It'll probably be 6 months before the next one is released.

5. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

More like 8 months.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Either way, right now isn't a bad time to buy.

7. bbapps macrumors regular

I'm wondering same thing... Macrumors says don't buy unless you have too, sounds like you are in the have too group.

But, when was the last refresh, June I think, for the 15 inch anyways. Given Haswell is available, I think that time frame is about right.

8. John Adams macrumors regular

New models were just released this month. Why wait?

9. bbapps macrumors regular

10. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

If you need it, buy it. The MBPs were just refreshed 4 months ago, so it's not even halfway into the product cycle yet. You'll have a long wait if you go without one.

11. ouankou macrumors newbie

ouankou

Maybe go for a retina MacBook Pro 13", almost the same weight as Air plus the incredible display.
    Actually I'd recommend retina MacBook Pro 15" more, if you don't mind the extra size and money. A dedicated powerful graphic card is kind of important.

The product cycle shouldn't be a problem since the 15 inch one was announced only 4 months and the 13 inch one just came out.

12. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

What he said!

13. hypobid, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012

hypobid macrumors newbie

I would just go ahead and buy it. Think of it this way - you can always sell it later and pick up the new and improved model. Apple products tend to hold their value extremely well! But if I were you, I'd look for a better deal than what Apple offers. If you go to appleinsider.com, they have an entire page devoted to finding the best deals on Apple computers. I grabbed my rMBP from MacMall for $1999 with no tax and free next day air shipping. I bought it 2 weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! This thing is the Ferrari of notebook computers, without a doubt!

Via appleinsider.com and MacMall, you can pick up the 13" rMBP for $1,566.49, with free overnight shipping and no tax!

14. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Nevermind I was considering the Air.

15. victory818 thread starter macrumors newbie

How long might the wait be for the next generation of rMBP? I'm willing to wait it out, hopefully if Apple delivers an even better model.

16. Mac32 macrumors 6502a

I've fooled around a bit with the rMBP 13'' in Apple stores, and the 13'' has a quite snappy response. I don't perceive any real lag there, unlike the 15'' rMPB which is a bit choppy during websurfing and some animations. I wouldn't be hesitant to get a rMBP 13'' now if I needed it. However, my c2d 2010 MBA is still working great, so I'm waiting for the Haswell rMBP release..
    The rMBP 13'' is one sweet laptop. :)