Should I buy...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ethandt72, May 11, 2016.

1. ethandt72 macrumors newbie

Ok experts, here's yet another "should I buy used" thread. So unfortunately my 2009 MBP bit the dust unexpectedly and I need to pick up a replacement. Buying new or refurbished is really not an option right now so I have taken to Craigslist to see if I can find a replacement that will last me the next several years. I also really want to stick with a 15". I do some design work (photoshop, illustrator, indesign), as well as photo editing with Lightroom. So... found an option to buy a Mid 2012 15" Retina with the following specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
    Processor - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
    Storage - 256 GB

From the pics it appears to be in excellent condition, one owner, 520 charge cycles on the battery. He was asking $950 and I talked him down to $800.

What say all the experts here?

Thank you so much!

2. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

Excellent deal in my opinion, fair for both parties.

You may want to consider the market place here for trusty worthy people as well.

3. ethandt72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much.. I would but I am new to the forum and can't get into the Marketplace. Thanks for the response!

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Is the 256 Gb storage an SSD? If so, $800 is a pretty good deal for you, but only if new or refurbished is not an option.

5. ethandt72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it's an SSD. Thanks for the reply. I would go new or refurbished in a second but yeah, just not feasible at the moment.