Should i buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nzsprinter, Aug 31, 2008.

1. nzsprinter macrumors newbie

Hi guys, i've posted this on the MBP forum but i guess the best place to put it was here.

Anyways, im still conflicted about this.

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to this forums. Anyways i have a pretty good deal and i know that there will be some announcements come the 9th of Sep. But i can get a MBP last years model (brand new) (17", 2.4Ghz, 2Gb ram and 160 Gb HD) for $1499 (saving of 1100 if i brought it a year ago) and still get the ipod rebate as well. I think those ones have the LED screens?

Im starting school real soon but i can still wait and use the school's computers. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

2. The Hammer macrumors regular

Sounds like a good deal, however I don't know that those ones have the LED screens. I thought that started with this years model.

3. iStress macrumors member

it really depends on whether you need the LED screen or not....are you using the MBP for graphics design or similar tasks? I don't recall Apple releasing LED screens in 2007.

If it's that price, especially for a 17", then you're getting a very good deal. I don't think the new MBPs are going to be "revolutionary" so you should consider whether to get the new MBPs (LED screens for sure) or for $1100 less get an older version, which may not have LED.

Good luck!!

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I agree with the earlier posts here. It does sound like a very good deal; having said that, I'm not sure that the LED screen was part of the 17" MBP package in 2007, as I'm inclined to think that it may not have been; is there a reasons why such a function is necessary for you?

Cheers and good luck with it.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I looked around at Engadget was do side by sides of an LED MBP on June 6th 2007, Santa Rosa model....so its possible. You should look for a little more detail on the MBP, some thing so we can be sure.

6. nzsprinter thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, i called up the store and they told me it was one of the new LED screens. I guess that wasn't a main point in buying the laptop but any new addition i can get for that price is a bonus right?

Yeah i was doing some research and the LED screens for the 17" came later so i don't know whats going on. I am buying it tomorrow so i'll guess i'll ask the sales people. Its too bad the sale is final so i can't return it or anything.