Should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gadgetgirl85, Dec 20, 2009.

  1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #1
    I know this will be difficult to answer as most of you live in the US or UK but I can get a 15" 2.8 MBP through my university for 2590 Australian. Is it worth to buy or wait for the new model and risk not getting the same deal. I'd be using it for surfing the net/itunes/word processing/running win 7 in parallels and my rationale for not waiting would be that it wouldn't benefit me in any way. Is that right?
     
  2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    Location:
    Connecticut
    #2
    If you need it, get it otherwise wait until you need it. To answer your question: The current generation MBP will do what you need it to do. So will the next generation.
     
  3. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #3
    I suppose the main question I have is would the arrandale processor provide me any benefit for the things I do?
     
  4. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    Location:
    Connecticut
  5. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #5
    Not really.
     
  6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #6
    Thanks guys. I might just buy now then while I can get a good deal through my uni
     

Share This Page