Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Hello.

I've started the calibration process as I had always done in my macbook pros. This time, however, I checked the apple website first and there I saw they say my notebook does NOT need calibration...

That actually every 2009 and later models wouldnt need it cause it had already been done my the factory.

I also have a MPA so that applies to it as well.

Is that correct? No need for calibration anymore?

If I attempt to do the procedure, will I notice any difference?

BreakGuy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NZ, South Pacific
Apple are correct. You do not need to calibrate your built-in batteries. You are free to do so if you wish or suspect it's not reading correctly. It won't harm the battery if you do.

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Great, guys, that was all I needed to know.

What I find strange is that most people still recommend doing the calibration procedure with the unibodies, even though apple doesnt give that recommendation.

Not gonna worry about it then.

Thx

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
What I find strange is that most people still recommend doing the calibration procedure with the unibodies, even though apple doesnt give that recommendation.
Old habits die hard. Plus, there are plenty of people making up their own "facts" about Apple batteries. The most trusted source of information is Apple itself, which is why the Battery FAQ should be the first place to look, since the information came directly from Apple, including links to their site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.