Should I Calibrate?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bluedoggiant, Feb 10, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Who calibrated their iMac screen (aluminum)? Is it necessary to calibrate, or is it fine already? I don't know, I'm not expert. Whenever I calibrate via Spyder2PRO or the system prefs calibrator, i get this blue tone that i dont like, so what should i do?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

You are using Spyder2PRO software? One thing you need to do is reduce the room lights when the software runs. Maybe even wait until night time and run the software in the dark. If some "warm" light gets reflected off the screen the software could try and calibrate it out.

Next, the pro version allows you to enter a white point color temperature. What are you using? 6500 is the standard but maybe that's not what you like?

Do you need to calibrate you monitor? I don't know. What are you using your system for. You can't run a color managed workflow without calibration.

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I am just an average user, though i do FCE, and LITTLE photoshop for my web design, no photo editing.

4. stevegmu macrumors regular

You can always take it somewhere- like Circuit City, and get the screen calibrated, if you can't get it right.