Should I campout tonight for the 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRabid, Sep 20, 2014.

1. iRabid macrumors member

I'm debating if I should camp out for the iPhone 6+. I've been trying to get this phone since Friday, I've driven all over Southern California with no luck.i'm trying to get the 128 GB gold iPhone 6+. Should I try my luck at The Apple Store, or should I wait until Monday?

I was just curious because it's Sunday and I don't know if there will get any shipments on Sundays.

2. N e e k macrumors 6502

You can check the store for reservations for in-store pickup. I'm pretty sure Apple gets drop-shipments daily. That's what I did. Walked out with a 6 Plus, avoided that horrid line.

3. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

Well I tried that today and that didn't work out so well. I hope they deliver on Sunday. If they do, then I'm going to camp out tonight!!

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

in store pick up 10pm. gO!

5. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

No luck... I've been trying for the past 30 mins

6. Bazilemac macrumors regular

Dude I'm in the same predicament! I'm in socal too. I haven't been looking since Friday but I was involved with the screwed up AT&T pre orders. crossing my fingers for both of us that we will find a 128 GB plus today

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Why the urgency? I don't get it. Give it a week, I'm sure you'll eventually get one.

8. Cpeye1987 macrumors newbie

Just keep checking the website every 2-3 hours. I just so happen to check my configuration and it was available for in store pick up tonight! Just picked it up 3 hours ago! Best of luck!

9. DJames76 macrumors regular

I bet most of these people walking in and getting a Plus at the apple store are not in California, at least not in a big city like Sf or LA or the Bay Area, it's a mess down here no Pluses anywhere, very frustrating.

10. N e e k macrumors 6502

Well, I managed to get an in-store pickup in Chicago last night. Pretty big city if you ask me. I walked past a whole line of people, got my pickup, left with a Plus.

11. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Not sure about your carrier situation... FWIW.. Sprint versions are available in San Diego now..

12. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

Do the in store pickup. That's what I did last night and scored myself a 6 plus, but ended up swapping for a 6. Apple employee today said that they generally get shipments everyday and by the end of the day, they would scan in their inventory. So if you'd check around 12 midnight, you may be lucky to find a plus available. Note that generally within 5-10 mins, it will sell out again so keep an eye out.

13. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

I have AT&T. I went in earlier today and they said that they don't receive deliveries on Sunday. So I'm going to camp out tonight for sure. I was going to camp out last night but I over slept. Good thing too because they didn't have any 6+ available. I tried the online reserve and I can't because I'm at work. It's pretty difficult to process a iphone order on my iPhone :|

14. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I agree that you should do in-store pickup. I am in socal too, went on the Apple site an hour before opening and was able to reserve a gold iPhone Plus 64gb no problem. It was available at at least four different apple stores around LA.

Best of luck!

15. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Keep us updated OP! Hope you don't camp out for nothin!

16. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

Will do! Going to take a little cat nap and head on out. Hoping for the best!

17. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Can imagine you camping out and missing out on the Plus, whilst others are sitting at home reserving for pickup.

I heard from one Apple staff that the reservation site gets updated every 15 minutes when it's online.

18. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

I camped out that night and they didn't even have any in. Even their new shipment didn't have any 6+ in them. I'm drained and I'm going to take a break from searching. I'll just wait till they have some fairly in stock. :|

19. 617aircav Suspended

20. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

My problem has been that I'm with T-Mobile and need to pay for my phone outright but the only one you can pay for and reserve for pickup on Apple.com is the T-Mobile phone, which is practically impossible to find in the 6+.

If you want to buy an AT&T or Verizon phone outright, which will work on T-Mobile as well, you have to go to the store and pray you don't get beat out by scalpers, which is what happened to me today at both Apple Stores in my area.

I'm told that they keep walk-in stock separate from reservation stock but that still doesn't help me. I can't reserve one for pick-up without signing a contract. No full retail purchase option.

Apple really needs to find a way to fix this problem. There's nothing you can do about scalping. But at least make a way for us to have a fighting chance.