Should i cancel my iPhone 4 dock ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Maziar, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Maziar macrumors 6502

I ordered an iPhone 4 32GB with its dock but i recently found out that you can't use your iPhone with a case on its dock(correct me if i am wrong), and since i am going to use my phone with its case, should i cancel my order on dock ?
    Are there any other docks for iPhone 4 that allow charging with the case covering the phone ?
    thanks

2. albert1028 macrumors 6502

I would return it and cancel the dock. Many people are using several universal docks that are available including the Apple one or the griffin one, for me...I ended up getting a iHome ip90 alarm clock that works pretty well.

As for the dock adapter, people are either modifying ones for best fit, but I'm using the docks without the dock adapter, just be sure to insert and take off in the same direction and don't break the connector, it actually is not that easy to break it, but one has to be careful.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

The universal dock with the adapter for the classic ipod works well for a naked iPhone, just FYI.

4. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I ordered one off ebay which looks just like the apple one, except it's black, and was only $5 shipped. I should be getting it this week

5. 2pak macrumors member

I bought one off ebay and it charges fine and fits the phone with the case on it, however the sounds dont play on it due to the speakers being on the bottom ?

Does this happen with the official apple one or just the cheap ones?

6. Maziar thread starter macrumors 6502

What's the Griffins exact model? also does it work fine while the phone is in the case?

7. Maziar thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok so I found the grffin stand for a decent price, can it be used with an iPhone with it's case on it ?

8. hipvamore macrumors regular

you can either use the dock like it was intended and take the case off when you need it, or you can cancel it. just decide what you want to do with it