Should I cancel my Leopard order??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by adamzx3, Oct 21, 2007.

1. adamzx3 macrumors regular

adamzx3

I hastily pre-ordered leopard when the 1st morning came...then later this week decided to wait until the 26th to hear about the new mac pro's. Anyway I was watching the leopard tour and he mentioned every new mac ships with Leopard. Do you think the mac pro's will as well? I would assume so since it their big improvement is with multiple threads, but also some speculation on it not shipping with it because of compatibility.

Any idea's on the newest "best bet" ?

BTW, for those following my G5 2.7ghz thread, I decided after auctions going too high, cost of additional G5 ram (most where only 2gb for $1500) and the newest MP should have 2GB, and lots faster I am going to just wait and tuff it out on my PC, and buy some cheap ram for that to hold me off. And will be using CS3 *edit*trial on the MP and save up for the cs3 upgrade...all should work out well (and going back to work part time so money shouldnd't be such an issue) P.S thanks multimedia for the ram thread...$179 for 4GB of certified ram is a steal!

thanks guys!

Edit** Meant cs3 trial

2. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Any Mac you buy after the 26th will come with Leopard.

3. product26 macrumors 6502a

product26

4. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Mac Pros Won't Announce Until November 13 Not Oct 26 • Cancel Now

Cancel right now.

5. adamzx3 thread starter macrumors regular

adamzx3

darn wont cancel because it says:

"Your item(s) have already been prepared for shipment, so they cannot be cancelled. However, once they ship, you may be able to make a return from the Order details page."

Do you think they could still cancel if I called them up? I bought it at the student price so I shouldnt lose too much on ebay

6. Super Macho Man macrumors 6502a

Super Macho Man

You should be able to return it as long as you don't open the box.

7. adamzx3 thread starter macrumors regular

adamzx3

Thanks,

talking to customer service now :) Very nice lady is going to send me some prepaid shipping return stickers.

8. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

It's Only $69 At Many School Computer Stores

You know it might be only $69 at your school computer store?

9. adamzx3 thread starter macrumors regular

adamzx3

yea I checked that, but im taking some online courses so I kinda got rooked there. The school has a thing for the applestore but it shows up as the higher edu price :/

Which makes me wonder is the powemac edu prices the same? mine shows up as 2000, and 2300 for the entry and mid models.