Should I cancel my order (from Oct!!!!)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by waitingonnov, Jan 6, 2010.

  1. waitingonnov macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2009
    #1
    Should I cancel my order?

    • Ordered 21st October from Dick Smiths
    • Extremely nervous with all the issues
    • Starting to rethink due to gpu (no upgrade between base and i5?)
    • New i5 chips have hyperthreading and other features making the current ones obsolete????
     
  2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

    Kebabselector

    Joined:
    May 25, 2007
    Location:
    Birmingham, UK
    #2
    If they've not delivered it from a order in October I'd be cancelling regardless of any issues.
     
  3. dborja macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2007
    Location:
    Northern California
    #3
    +1
     
  4. djcorrosive macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2009
    Location:
    Brisbane, Australia
    #4
    lol never go through a reseller. Go apple directly.

    I ordered mine on the 22nd of december and i recieved it this monday.

    But im getting a replacement cause of faulty ram sticks. but other then that the machine was 200% perfect!
     
  5. Editor- macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
  6. dborja macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2007
    Location:
    Northern California
    #6
    Buying through resellers is ok. You can save money with some. Just make sure they have a good reputation or you've bought from them before.

    Of course there are some drawbacks like you cannot return or exchange your machine at an Apple store or Apple online; it has to be done with the reseller.
     
  7. WilliamG macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2008
    Location:
    Seattle
    #7
    This makes no sense. If the RAM were the only problematic part, no way in heck would I exchange the whole system.
     
  8. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

    Mintin8

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #8
    Wow, October, Really? I'd of canceled if I hadn't received it at the end of Nov.
     
  9. waitingonnov thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2009
    #9
    Cheers for the replies,
    One more question, since I have been waiting so long should I just hold out for revision B?
     
  10. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

    Kebabselector

    Joined:
    May 25, 2007
    Location:
    Birmingham, UK
    #10
    You might as well, though there's no guarantee when Rev B will appear (or even if).
     

Share This Page