Should I cancel my order

Discussion in 'iPad' started by togo7, Mar 16, 2011.

1. togo7 macrumors member

I just got a notice from Apple that my shipping is delayed another week. In light of all the screen issues they seem to be having. Should I just cancel my order and wait until they get some of the screen issues resolved?

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Then what...wait a couple more weeks for a store to get it?

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No. A certain number of iDevices always have screen issues, and they always get overblown in forums like these, because people with the problem post complaints, while people who don't are happily playing with their devices and don't bother to come online to check. Just wait for your iPad to arrive, it most likely won't have a problem, and if it does, you can always get it exchanged.

4. togo7 thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking about waiting a month or two and reordering online. I am ultimately asking are the screen problems in a high percentage of the screens and how long it may take apple to resolve these issues.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

We might ALL be getting a simular notice from Apple. This will be the WHOPPER LIE they use to explain why they introduced a produce without any inventory to do it with!

We will see soon today as today is the end of their ********* 3-5 shipping window!:mad:

6. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

NO! You are weeks away from getting one now. Cancel and it will take even longer! IF and I mean IF you get one with issues, use it until they become more plentiful and just get a replacement then. But as least you will have one.

7. togo7 thread starter macrumors member

8. Cole JM macrumors regular

The screen problem is small, they are out of stock, not holding back models because of the screen issues. hold your order, you will regret if you cancel.

9. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Can you post this notice? Does Apple admit to screen issues or is that a comment from you?

10. Cole JM macrumors regular

It is a comment from him, apple has said nothing about these problems.

11. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I'm pretty sure that he was just make a comment. This whole "screen issue" thing is being blown out of proportion. The "old" iPad had the same issue sometimes. I had it with mine and it didn't bother me. Actually my new one had one spot of bleed that bothered me and I was going to return it, but it has lessened quite a bit over the last few days. It may very well be part of the glue drying process which seems to be related to the yellow spot issue that some are reporting I don't even notice it now unless I have the screen totally black and go into a dark room.

Besides, if you get one that is really bad, and I've seen some images of some pretty bad ones on these forums, just take it back when the dust settles and get it replaced. If it's really bad, they will swap it out with no argument.

12. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

13. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Give it up already. Isn't your own personal diatribe thread enough for you?

whine whine whine....you do realize how pathetic you sound, and if you don't you should.

14. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Only if you like waking up post 6 am for possibly days at a time with no guarantee.

15. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Absolutely cancel.

Buy one in person so you can judge screen bleed & dead pixels & random freezes & wifi connectivity, etc.