Should I cancel my order?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sasessiontc, Apr 15, 2011.

1. sasessiontc macrumors member

Not trying to post another worthless thread... just wanted some advice regarding my purchase of the iPad 2.

I purchased the iPad 2 on the Apple Store's site on April 12 and the order status is it'll be shipped May 3. I mean that's exactly three weeks and I feel like having that pending charge on my account may just be a waste of time. I'm pretty busy, but even on Walmarts site, which I don't know if the inventory is entirely true says there are some available at 1 PM on a Friday. Anyone else checking the availability and being able to go grab one? I read somewhere their site doesn't update that well but I was surprised.

I'm in school full-time and work full-time so this is no easy task for me as I'm sure some of you know :(

Thanks.

And just to show you...

[​IMG]

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

you're in school? college? try your university book store or tech department.

3. sasessiontc thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, yes college. I'm pretty sure they can't help. Small school.

4. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

The pending charge will drop off in a few days and then when the iPad actually ships your credit card will be charged. You will be able to use the credit on your card after the pending charge drops off. You can cancel your Apple Store order anytime up until it is in PFS status.
    I would hold on to the Apple Store order while looking for a local supply.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Just wait it out, be patient and you will get your iPad eventually, if you cancel your order you have no guarantees whether you could pick one up in store any time soon but at least if you have the online order you know you will be receiving your iPad in late April/early May.

6. sasessiontc thread starter macrumors member

It's not necessarily that I'm impatient, it's just if the local stores are getting more stock more often, I just feel like I'd be wasting my time.

Thank you guys for your responses. I guess I should just keep it ordered since it's a guaranteed shipment. I was just looking at what kind of opportunities people are getting at purchasing them locally according to online availabilities.

7. LarzStarz macrumors member

YES (No reason why, just read the topic line).

8. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Please don't post if you don't read the whole first post, you are providing bad information.

9. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal