Should I cancel my order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ariadnerentz, Sep 16, 2015.

1. ariadnerentz macrumors regular

ariadnerentz

I keep going back and forth on this, mainly due to paranoia.

I have an order coming through UPS or whatever if Apple decides to change shipping companies. iPhone 6S Plus 64 GB Rose Gold.

I really want to do the iPhone upgrade program, so I also have a reservation for 4:30 pm on launch day to pick up the phone at my local Apple Store. I've kept the preorder for this long mainly because I've never done a reservation before and I'm worried since the reservation won't even show up on my phone app. I figured, if worse comes to worse, and I get to my appt on launch and they don't have a phone for me, I'll just get the UPS phone, and deal with it. But I know I'll be upset because I will essentially be signing my life away to sprint for the next 2 years. With the iPhone upgrade program, I think I'd switch to verizon w/ the iPhone 7 under the upgrade program.

So do I cancel the order? and hope for the best? Everyone I've talked to said that Apple will come through. Or should I keep the order, and if for some reason it fails, I sign my life to sprint for the next 2 years, OR, would I be able to return the preorder and rebuy it under the Apple Upgrade Program?

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

First of all you have 14 days to return the phone with either scenario so there's that. If the order that is being delivered is a carrier subsidized phone then the question is do you want to be under contract with your current carrier. If you're paying full price then it really doesn't matter which way you go.

3. ariadnerentz thread starter macrumors regular

ariadnerentz

It is a subsidized phone. I did my upgrade for it, and I would really rather not be under contract anymore.

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

So if you really don't want a contract then cancel the delivery phone. As long as you have an email confirmation of the reservation then that's all you need as proof. Just keep in mind the Upgrade Program includes AC+ so there will be that added expense on the payments.