Should I Cancel My Reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steviejobz, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I have a reservation for launch day pickup at an Apple Store as I made it after not being able to get processed at Apple.com.

I now have a shipped confirm from AT&T. I had left the res in place as a backup but am now thinking I should release one so someone else can get a phone that day.

But with my luck, I'll cancel the res and then AT&T will lose my phone or something.

2. SadBurntToast macrumors newbie

SadBurntToast

think of how happy you'll make that extra person that gets an iPhone after waiting in line for hours.

Plus you're Stevie Jobs, you probably get one for free.

3. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I did the same thing but ordered through Apple. As a matter of fact, I just got a reminder email from Apple about my reservation.

Mine's shipping now. I'll cancel the reservation when I can track that my i4's in the US and within reach! Or Wed if FedEx decides to stop updating status.

4. Steviejobz thread starter macrumors 68000

ok, i cancelled it.

Please AT&T - dont let me down now ;)

5. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I would never cancel it until I knew it was "out for delivery" or physically in my hand. They're always a chance someone in the chain would bungle it up, whether it be an inadvertently canceled order, screw up at FedEx, lost package, or whatever. I would cancel until 30 minutes before I knew I definitely wasn't going to use it, or I would actually take the time to go to the store, grab someone from the end of the line, and make them happy by giving them my reservation, or if you were desperate, sell it to someone on the line.

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Wait until June 24th...
    No one is safe with iphone 4 delivery date until they get one. Fed Ex guys screw up too.

7. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh