Should I cancel the refurbished or just get it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by martin.mts, Apr 24, 2014.

  1. martin.mts macrumors newbie

    Apr 24, 2014
    Hi, I've been thinking of buying my first Macbookpro for a few months, and have been visiting this forum everyday as well.

    Since many people had good words about the refurbished. I just ordered one today, which is $180 cheaper than the educational price (I'm a student).

    But then I realized, if they have a 100MB-200MB CPS bump in the Summer or early Fall, I can get the updated model with the educational price.

    Therefore, the choice is between:
    A refurbished Oct. 2013 model + now.
    An updated 2014 model with 100MB/200MB CUP bump + $180 + a few month (2-5 month?).

    My windows laptop still works fine. I think I have no problem use it for a few more months.

    And, In terms of canceling, I tried to cancel the order, but couldn't. It says that I can only cancel the order if I use a credit card or Apple gift card. I used a credit card and a debit card to pay the money. Is it the problem? or because it is refurbished? Can I call cancel it buy calling them? Or can I return it without any extra cost?

  2. 0007776 Suspended


    Jul 11, 2006
    I would recommend just keeping it, I doubt it will see a huge upgrade and this way you get to enjoy your computer sooner.
  3. bobcan macrumors 6502a


    Jan 8, 2007
    Sunny but Cold.. Canada
    Need It ~ Buy It
    Don't ~ then Don't

    Easy ciphering for me.. always works, and NO second guessing required!! :D
  4. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

    Apr 11, 2014
    I would definitely wait. Some juicy rumors about the next one are on here.
  5. Dubberton macrumors regular

    Oct 9, 2013
    wait. newer tech, plus a new instead of refurbished. waaaiiit. call and figure out how to cancel or something.
  6. martin.mts thread starter macrumors newbie

    Apr 24, 2014
    Thanks! And thanks for all of you who replied.
    Just called and canceled the order.
    I think I can wait. There would probably be more information at the WWDC. And it is only less than 40 days away from now.
    And, my current laptop is still sturdy, although it is four years old now. :)
    Hope we will also have more information about the next gen. MS office for Mac. It would be great if the new version supports Right to Left text direction, cause I need this function.
  7. Fondaparinux macrumors member

    Jul 13, 2013
    Update. It's just 38 days. Buyer's remorse can be painful.
  8. comatory macrumors 6502a


    Apr 10, 2012
    I don't think the new models will be very different, might as well go with it... but yeah, it'll be newer and there will be some goodie maybe that we don't expect (maybe that new fancy rumored trackpad).
  9. wytwolf macrumors regular

    Apr 23, 2012
    Both of my laptops have been refurbs, black macbook and then a macbook pro. I buy in the summer (b day gift for myself :) ) shortly after the mac update. That way it's only last years model but you get the lower price due to the new models about to come out.

Share This Page