Should I change my 5s screen ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FatPuppy, Mar 23, 2015.

1. FatPuppy, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

The top right corner of the screen panel is slightly raised from the plastic frame. Should I change the screen?[​IMG][​IMG]

I am sorry about putting this thread in ios 8 section, I wasn't paying enough attention.

2. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

If it working fine then no need to do anything. If in warranty then get it replaced if you can prove it as not a physical damage xaused by you.

If your OCD is getting the better off you, get it replaced.

3. uid15 Suspended

uid15

Shouldn't even warrant the question, just get the iPhone replaced and move on. Yes, it looks wonky and you definitely SHOULD get it sorted, by way of warranty. It may not be the screen, it could be caused by a dislodged mounting or some distorted internal component, but regardless of what it is, that's merely academic, it's wrong, needs fixing, end of.

Anyone who says otherwise is obviously happy to adopt the 'it'll do' attitude, which really is a poor show.

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Buy the appropriate screwdriver off eBay and remove the bottom screws. Using a suction cup (quite often included in a cheap kit exactly for this purpose)life the screen 2 or 3 mm upward and press the raised corner in. This is so simple to do. Don't over tighten the screws when putting back in. Nobody will ever know it was opened besides you.

5. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

If you're reasonably close to an Apple Store I would suggest saving the time, money and chances of voiding your warranty and just take it in.