Should I check on malwares or viruses?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drewjonn, Jun 21, 2016.

1. drewjonn, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016

drewjonn macrumors regular

I know this sounds like a silly question, but my old Macbook was affected by malwares once and it reduced the performance honestly.

Looking back at my considerable numbers of encounter with ads saying "viruses" or "malwares", I see no reason to not be worried about my own OS health.

So, should I run malwarebytes again? (or any other checker apps, including malwares remover if I find one, would someone please recommend me one? and should I be worried about these free service sites that contain ads? (free streaming etc)

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

MalwareBytes is free and it sure won't hurt anything to give it another whirl.... so sure, why not. IMO it is the best app for this sort of thing.

3. RipeRetina macrumors regular

RipeRetina

I prefer MalwareBytes for my windows computers but I haven't had a problem with malware on any of my macs.

What browser do you use on the regular? I switched over to chrome with my recent purchase of an imac here about two months ago and feel pretty secure in using google chrome on it.

4. drewjonn thread starter macrumors regular

I regularly use Safari but since I'm not in the USA I need to use Hola VPN once in a while (it's only available for Chrome)

So it's 50/50 of usage honestly. I don't use the paid version of Malwarebytes btw.