Should I choose FS9 or FSX?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Skibsted, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Skibsted macrumors regular

Skibsted

Hi guys,
    My specs are:
    2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with3 GB RAM and a Radeon X1600 256mb Videocard.

I'm planning on playing the flight simulator on XP SP3.

Where would I get the best performance (in terms of frame rates); FS9 or FSX?

Thanks in advance

2. ryan200 macrumors newbie

the older game will always have a lower demand on hardware versus a newer game. if your looking for best performance (fps) go with the older game.

i have no idea how good that video card is though. i would hope you would be able to at least play it if you put the graphics options all the way down.

perhaps you can download a demo to see how it will run before you purchase the game?

3. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

When I first got my imac (also with a 256mb x1600) i remember that it ran WoW pretty well with almost all settings turned up (including full screen glow). I haven't played that in a while though.

It runs team fortress 2 and half life 2 well at medium settings. TF2 actually looks really nice on it.

EDIT: i'm running on on a first gen iMac, so my processor is slower than yours. Are you using an iMac or an MBP? if you're using a macbook pro, then the card might be underclocked more than mine is...

4. Skibsted thread starter macrumors regular

Skibsted

I'm using a MBP.
    Well, I guess there's only one way to find out if it works smoothly - install it an dtry.
    I was just hoping that someone with specs similar to mine had tried:)

5. dimme macrumors 65816

I run FSX on a 2.4MBP with a nivida 256MB card.Runs well at mid settings. But it does get really HOT!
    FS9 will mst likely run better that FSX

6. Skibsted thread starter macrumors regular

Skibsted

OK, Thanks for the advice.