Should I Completely Remove Jailbreak, I need an opinion.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Naethyn, May 31, 2010.

1. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

I have an iPhone 3G on AT&T, I could careless if it is or isn't unlockable, because it is activated. I am very intrigued with what OS 4 has to offer and to be released soon I am thinking about restoring to 3.1.3 along with upgrading my baseband to 5.12. I really don't need the jailbreak because once background image is available I wont need Winterboard, I wont need OpenSSH to restore anything and considering the fact that I barely take videos I dont need CyCorder but is it worth keeping the jailbreak and the occasionally buggy software.

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I would say Yes for SBSettings.
    When OS 4 Comes out believe me im doing a clean install of everything and doing a DFU restore.

Why restore now though..?

3. Naethyn thread starter macrumors regular

Naethyn

I can't take the speed deduction that my phone takes when I jailbreak it. If my phone speed is at 100% when it is on 3.1.2 default settings when I jailbreak it, it goes to 80% speed. See what I am saying, my phone needs to preserve battery at school as well as at home and the jailbreak makes my battery go faster. But I did ask for opinions.

I mean why leave it just for SBSettings. If anything I'd keep it for biteSMS and CyCorder and delete Cydia with CyDelete.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your 3G will still be slow with stock 3.1.3 and probably alot slower with 4.0
    Not much you can do, it's a hardware limitation not having enough resources to run as fast as the 3GS or the next iPhone.

5. Naethyn thread starter macrumors regular

Naethyn

I'll be getting a 3GS in a couple weeks and I do not plan on jailbreaking while on 4.0 OS

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Why not with a 3GS, i just dont get it. Doing the simple action of jailbreaking shouldnt slow it down. Its all what you install(i think) my friend.

If you cant stand it, go stock for a couple weeks I would try the 3GS jailbreak. I have never had a speed problem and the lowest my ram has gotten is like 90~

7. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

A few weeks? Just wait for the new one.

[e] and jailbreak it.