Should I consider a pre SR Macbok Pro (Non LED) to avoid yellow tint?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jeff_siler, Jul 25, 2007.

1. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

I've seen some retailers (CDW, Amazon, Comp USA) selling the last genreation Macbook Pro's (Non LED, 15.4", ATI X1600, 1GB ram etc) for great prices. ($1799 and less)

Would it be wise to buy one of these laptops to avoid the yellow tint issue? Has anyone done this?

Jeff

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Be lucky and go for the SR MBP. It doesn't have a grainy screen for a start and the grainy screen really got on my nerves.

If it has a yellowing issue, take it back and get another one - that's what I've done and most other folk and I now have a perfect, bright screen.

3. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

If I buy one online from apple.com can I return it to an apple retail store for an exchange if I have an issue?

Jeff

4. sevimli macrumors 6502a

Of course...

5. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Are they still having this problem? I thought it would have been fixed by now.

6. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

There sure are a lot of complaints about MBP's screens and defects. I guess I should be pretty happy that my MBP doesn't have anything wrong with it.

7. PDE macrumors 68020

No, don't get the older ones. The grain in the screen is awful. The new LED-lit display is much better. Not to mention the GPU.

8. RichL macrumors 6502

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

No, I don't think you can..

10. primusrocks macrumors newbie

primusrocks

Im not a computer junky so to tell you the truth. Unless you sit there and inspect every little detail you can see you wont find anything wrong (most likely) with your new computer. Just get the SR MBP and enjoy.

11. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

i am writing to you on my 2.4GHz SR MBP and I cannot see any yellow, maybe a bit of green, but i think the is the reflection from apple's stock right now.

12. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t