Should I Delay picking up iPhone through AT&T Direct Fulfillment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric24v, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Eric24v macrumors newbie

So here's the deal, I'm currently in a contract with Verizon for another two weeks but finally decided not to wait and went down and ordered a new 3G iPhone at my local AT&T store. Since I'm bringing over three lines from Verizon, AT&T agreed to give me a statement credit for the ETF that applies to one of our lines (the other two were not under contract).... hence, I didn't wait another two weeks.

Anyway, my verizon contract won't be cancelled until I switch over to the iPhone when it arrives next week, so that got me thinking... what happens if I simply delay picking up my new phone when it arrives next week. If I can wait 'til september, I'll effectively save an additional $175 since I won't have to pay verizon's etf, and I'll still have the at&t statement credit. How does this sound?
    The receipt says I have a week to pick up my new phone, so what happens then? I'm not too concerned if they sell it to someone else and I can re-order in two weeks.

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Basically they refund your credit card and they sell that phone to someone else.