Should I ditch my device?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by palz, Apr 8, 2010.

1. palz macrumors regular

I was one of those suckers who bought the "3rd gen" 8 gb iPod touch --new bootrom= tethered jailbreak, but no upgraded ram or CPU. I had to buy the earphones with the remote and mic to use skype - another $30 down the drain. So my point is, I have my iPod and I eagerly await OS 4 like e everyone else, but I don't get multitasking or some other features due to the old CPU. I just bought mine a few months ago, and, compared to the new ones, it is quite slow. Should I sell mine ('light' scratches ;) ) and buy a 32gb third gen or just live with the bloody thing?

And no, I do not have much money so I hope my touch racks up a hearty
    price for all it's worth.

Cheers, Palz

2. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

if you could afford it id get the new one especially if you want all the new features of 4.0 but you'll only get around maybe around 130-160 on your ipod touch.

3. palz thread starter macrumors regular

While I'm in the US I do guess I have some more money, maybe $75 plus the approx. $150 for the touch maybe will buy a used one. But that is most likely not enough :(

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

With iPod4,1 references already appearing in current firmware its a sure bet that a 4th generation touch will be out in September, why upgrade to a 3rd gen now when it will be outdated in 5 months.

5. palz thread starter macrumors regular

Or, maybe, with the 4G iphone out with WWDC10, they might update the touch then??

But most likely not; it's still an iPod...

6. mugsysam macrumors newbie

in the same boat

hi all

i'm in the same boat with you guys i bought my ipod touch in January 2010 i wish i did more home work .now that i know how to jailbreak and know more about the ipt i'm going to harasses apples support since it is under warranty for a year .i"m going to tell they support that it keeps shutting down and keep having problems and maybe they will get sick of me keep returning my ipt with fake problems and give me a new 4 th gen . i have nothing to lose because i have a 1st gen ipt i use now ...

do you thing this could work ?:mad::mad:

7. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

nope theyll just keep replacing it with a refurb of the model you have dont be cheap... you made the mistake not researching properly just sell it and eat the cost of buying the better one if you want to get it...

8. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Unlikely; for the past three years, the iPhone has been released in June/July and the iPod Touch in September. There's no indication that this pattern will change this year.

A) Not exactly an honest thing to do.
    B) And it won't work anyway. They'll replace your Touch with exactly what you have now. If they ever get "sick of you keep returning your ipt with fake problems", the result will never be a new 4G, but an end to your stream of identical replacements when they flag your account for fraud.

9. Haruhi macrumors regular

I thinj the de vice iyu have its prettyh incx r3edib;le if I say so m7yself and so I think itd be a huge waste to let it fo. I knoiw I had to b uyh a mic as welll but if youj looik on ebay you will go crqaztya t the prices these people sell chinese opnes for! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    so dont let it go, holdo on tight cause yoyu are in for a nice ride.