Should I DL iOS 5?

Marketgarden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
Hey guys,
I just got a iphone 4 and I was looking at DLing ios 5 to get the new features and Siri. I was just concerned because I am very happy with the current battery life of my phone. Would upgrading the OS drain my battery a lot faster? and is it worth upgrading overall? thanks alot!

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Hey guys,
I just got a iphone 4 and I was looking at DLing ios 5 to get the new features and Siri. I was just concerned because I am very happy with the current battery life of my phone. Would upgrading the OS drain my battery a lot faster? and is it worth upgrading overall? thanks alot!

You won't get siri with iOS 5, it's only on the 4s. To answer your question, no I wouldn't DL 5 yet. It is by far the buggiest itineration of iOS I think I've ever used.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
My iPhone 4 and 1st Gen iPad say NO! :eek:

If you don't need the Notification Center or iCloud functions, there's not much else that's worth the beating that everything else has been taking, especially battery performance. I wish I'd waited & I've never said that before about any upgrade in 3 years.

I'm giddy with delight that my iPhone 3Gs is being used out of town and upgrading was not possible because it's not here. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I should qualify this by saying that I do not use iCloud for anything other than Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod, previously handled by MobileMe. If iCloud functions were important to me, then I might feel differently about my level of aggravation re: battery drain. I suppose the wise thing is to wait for the next update & hope this issue will be improved.

Last edited:

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
Another YES vote. iPad 1, and iPhone 4, both with iOS5 and I love it. Yes, the battery life is worse on my phone, but it's a small trade off for iOS5.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Nothing is perfect, not even IOS. But since I upgraded to IOS 5 it's like i'm using a brand new phone, it's awesome.

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Download away. iOS5 is pretty solid. Far less bugs than iOS4 when it came out and the previous versions for that matter. There's also a lot of nice small subtle changes which are pleasant to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.