Should I do this....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by unknown87, Mar 12, 2008.

1. unknown87 macrumors regular

Having been a digital shooter my entire life (hey, I'm from the digital generation, what're you gonna do!?) I thought I'd make a foray of sorts in to the film world. In exploring various formats and films, I stumbled across medium format and the wonderful world of Holga. As we say down here, "Robert's your father's brother" and I've got one on the way over.

Now, my question to you. Do I document my experiences with the Holga and film processing and developing? Is it something that anyone particularly cares about, or would it simply be a bit boring and something that most of you know about anyway? As you can probably tell I'm quite excited, but I don't know if the 'community' is that interested.

So, macrumours, do I journal my Holga journey, yes or no?

2. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Yes - journal away :)

My first 'serious' SLR was a Maniya RZ67 medium format camera. I then bought a Hasselblad 503CW, then a Fuji 670 Pro III

Medium format is fantastic. Image quality is stunning, and the whole manual aspect slows you down and makes you think about what you're doing.

I administer the medium format forum on photo.net. If you have any difficult technical questions, it's not a bad place to ask!!

3. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi