Should I download 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by abz1981, Mar 31, 2014.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hi all
    Just back from a 4 week vacation, so not had a chance to download 7.1. I am on 7.0.6 on iPhone 5. What are the peoples views here, who have the same phone as me, and who have updated. Have things gone smoothly and happy with the update?

My understanding is some people are reporting poor battery performance. Should I wait or hold up for 7.2.

thanks in advance

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

There won't be iOS 7.2 instead we'll jump to iOS 8.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

People report poor battery performance after every update, but most don't have an issue.

I have a 5s, so not exactly your demographic, but 7.1 has done nothing but improve the battery life and performance of my phone.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

5. white4s macrumors 65816

skip it, jailbreak it, have more fun with your phone then you would with 7.1

6. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

If you need to jailbreak, don't upgrade. If not, upgrade and it should be fine...

7. Rodster macrumors 68040

Both my iPad 2 and Air are running iOS 7.1 and I have experienced NO change in battery performance. It's been no better or worse after the iOS 7 updates.

8. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

hey all

thanks for quick inputs and views. I don't jailbreak my iPhones so i have decided to download it. Currently waiting for it to download and will report back after a day or 2 testing it.

9. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yes. It one of Apple's best updates in my opinion.

10. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I upgraded my new iPad Air that I bought last week to 7.1 but I bought it with the intention that I would now have two iPads and I would upgrade the Air and keep the Mini on 7.0.4 Jailbroken.

I am happy that I upgraded. on 7.0.4, deleting or TV shows causes the video app to crash but that is fixed on 7.1.

Other than this problem on the 7.0.4 Mini, both iPads seem pretty stable.

Both reload Safari apps and restart apps when I go back to them after doing certain things. Don't go switching between apps when you are in the middle of writing something, it might not be there when you come back to the app because the app may reload. I haven't heard this problem mentioned much but it does happen.

11. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

Download it RIGHT NOW.

if you let this thread run into few pages, before downloading, you will be totally confused....

12. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

7.1 feels the same as 7.0.6 to me... with some speed improvements and minuscule UI tweaks here and there. If you want to jailbreak, I would stick with 7.0.6 because you won't have that option after upgrading. It's a decent update, but nothing groundbreaking. If stability is your thing, then you should probably update. I wasn't really having stability issues before updating, though.