Should i ebay an ipad NOW or wait until ipad gets released in norway?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by henrikrox, Apr 4, 2010.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Hi

So i can get and ipad now for about 950 bucks. Thats expensive iknow. But i dont know what the prizes will be when it hits norway. I hell of alot expensive then the 499 asking price.

So the second thing, is i dont know when ipad gets released in norway, i mean if it hits uk late april, when do you guys think the ipad gets to norway?

And lastly i want one so much :(

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wait until it is released in Europe (even if it doesn't come to Norway yet), and then you can import it without any duty as it's within the EFTA. :)

3. henrikrox thread starter macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Bah, i was hoping people would say buy buy buy

Its so long until summer. Oh well, i guess i have to keep thinking to my head explodes

4. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

Remember you might also have to pay toll + norwegian sales tax if customs pick it up. I know Danish customs are pretty adept at picking out shipments from the US.

How would you do that though since you can't order to another country in the apple store? The UK apple store only delivers to UK.

5. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

UK release is scheduled for 'late April' currently. Certainly not waiting until July or something!

It isn't necessary to buy it from Apple. I'm quite sure lots of third parties will be selling it.

6. 0101001 macrumors 6502

7. henrikrox thread starter macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Well im just quoting a apple premim retailer at the local apple store here in norway. He said summer. Allthough he was just guessing.

But the thing is that i have the dreaded wait for the iphone back in my mind (when it was orginally launched). That was many many months of waiting. And since its NADA information of price/launch, im kinda leaning against importing one.

8. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

Like who? BestBuy didn't get to sell it online. If you mean Ebay sellers then it would be at a premium.

9. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

The United States is a whole different world. Apple products can be bought almost anywhere in the UK. Whether everywhere will have them at release is a different matter, but Apple definitely do not restrict who resells for them over here.

10. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

Okay if you say so, but I've tried to find an UK online shop that would sell and ship from UK to Denmark with no luck when I was buying MBP.

11. kultschar macrumors 6502a

I bought 32GB from ebay for the following:

From amount £496.91 GBP
    To amount $740.01 USD
    Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.48922 USD

HINT: bid on them, dont use buy it now and get up in the middle of the night to bid when you Europeans are sleeping!!!