Should I exchange my 2016 MBP for a 2017?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Izzy1752, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Izzy1752 macrumors newbie

So I bought a 2016 MBP 13" with touchbar a week before WWDC and so I am still in the return window. I love it and use it 5 hours on average a day. I use it for word processing, YouTube/Netflix, and coding. The only reason I don't want to exchange it is that as I said I use it every day and it would be tough living without it for about two weeks. The only two benefits I could see in exchanging it would be the minor battery increase as I do watch a lot of Youtube/Netflix and the future resale value. So should I exchange it or just wait for the 2018 MBP?

2. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

I would probably do it for the resale reason. I guess the main obstacle is getting around not having a computer in the meantime.

3. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

I personally would, as the 2017 13" actually received the most meaningful update of the MBP line with Kaby Lake due to the updated iGPU. You could return the MBP on the last day you're able to return it to minimize the time without a computer.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

IF you can do the exchange at no cost (or minimal "upgrade" cost), it actually makes sense.

I'd go for it.

But… if you want to do this… DON'T hem and haw over it. Just do it!

5. sallenthornton macrumors member

I don't regret my decision to purchase the 2016, but if I was within my return period, I would upgrade to the newer version.

6. wiffle macrumors regular

How much longer is your return window? If you have the credit capital, just place an order for the new one and return your current at the last possible date. That would minimize the amount of time you're left without something to work with.