Should I Exchange my iPad 2 for an iPad 3 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Geffen, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Geffen macrumors 6502

I recently purchased an iPad 2 16GB Wifi in Black. Is there much difference other than retena display?? Currently experiencing an issue viewing some youtube videos where it freezes or says this video is currently unavailable. that must have to do with flash?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

If it's still under the window of time you have to return it then do so! The retina display is gorgeous, the graphical update is worth it and dictation is great. Trust me, it's worth the hassle to return it for a new iPad (3rd gen).

3. JeffMorse macrumors regular

Not sure about your youtube issues, but flash isn't the cause because Safari doesn't use flash (assuming you're using Safari).

As far as is the retina display worth an extra $100? Absolutely.

4. slicecom macrumors 68020

There's a much bigger difference between the iPad 2 and the new iPad than there was between the original iPad and the iPad 2. The display makes it easily worth the upgrade alone, everything else is gravy.

5. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

If you can swing the extra $ then I say yes you should, it totally be worth it.

6. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

Would there be a restocking fee since i have opened it? I just purchased it last week monday.

7. Yggbert macrumors regular

Within 14 days is a full refund with no fees I believe.

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

the new features in the new ipad isn't going to address problems w/youtube videos or viewing flash content.

if you're within the return period to return your ipad2 and buy an ipad3, i'd do it.

9. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Yup, 14 days policy. Just visit the Apple Store that you bought it from, with everything that came with the box, and the receipt. I suppose you can give them $100 in addition and they will exchange your iPad 2 to iPad 3!

Good luck :D

10. Larrupin macrumors member

Larrupin

The retina display was the main reason I upgraded. After a weekend of pretty heavy use, it is definitely worth it. Good luck!

11. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

where did you buy it?

12. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

I purchased it at the Apple Store.

13. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

Most people I know with an iPad 2 are happy and not planning to upgrade. Its still by far and away the 2nd best tablet on the market.

Unless you plan to do a lot of readin or graphic work you might be OK with the iPad 2. It also means you'll have more reason to upgrade to an iPad 4 next year.

Im really getting the feeling the 3rd gen is a little too compromised. Hopefully the 4th gen will go back to being thin, light and with the expected speed boosts.

14. Built macrumors 68020

Go for it!

As the owner of an iPad 1, 2 and 3, I can say the upgrade to the 3 is WELL worth it...

They will more than likely make you RETURN the iPad2 and then PURCHASE the iPad 3 since Apple will not do exchanges between different models...

Knowing the way the Apple Store normally operates though, I know the transaction will be handled quickly and cheerfully.

Enjoy.

15. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Found one at Target today. 90 return policy opened or unopened. Pretty nice return policy if on the fence.

16. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I have just returned my new 3 for a refund.I'm going to stick with my trusty 2 for now.

The 3 was a little heavier, a little thicker and not a lot better than the 2. Maybe I have a really good screen on my 2 but the difference between the 2 and 3 was not really that great. Text was better but photos only marginally so. So called retina display a bit of a disappointment!

I don't play games and don't take photos on my ipad so no reason to keep the 3.

17. taedouni macrumors 65816

Apple has a 30 day return policy not 14 days. Carriers like sprint and Verizon allow you 14 days to cancel your contract with a phone.

18. doboy macrumors 68000

I thought that 90 days didn't include electronics. I think Electronics is different policy.

Edit: it's 45 days for tablet.

----------

Apple's website states 14 days.