Should I exchange my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ohradio, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Ohradio macrumors newbie

I got it a few days ago. Yesterday it died when I started the day at 100. I got six hours of usage which was approx 2.5 hours of Internet, 2.5 hours of iPod, half hour phone time, and rest texting settings etc but no games. Does this sound right? Should it have lasted longer? Should I get a new one? Thanks in advance.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

It sounds like it should have lasted longer. I'd take it to the Apple Store and get them to do a battery diagnostics check just to be sure.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Give it a few charge cycles before the battery reaches its optimum.

Look at the settings to ensure options such as push notifications, location and wifi are restricted.

You can find my battery saving tips by performing a search.

I use the internet heavily , make quite a few calls and text lots too and normally get 1-2 days use.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Yup, give it a few more charge cycles, it takes a few charges cycles for the batteries to reach their maximum charge. If it still has issues in a week or so you may have a lemon and you should take it in.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Definitely give it a few charge cycles. Once it reaches its max though it should last a long time.

[​IMG]

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this but.... give it a few charge cycles :D

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

When I first got my 3Gs, the battery was horrible. So I used it until it was down to like 5% a couple of times and then I charged it to 100% and that seemed to have helped. It has a great battery now. :)

8. Ohradio thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so based on what everyone is saying, I should obviously give it more charge cycles. The past few days and going forward, I'm charging it overnight (which is only roughly 5-6 hours anyway). I got it Monday the 11th, which means I have until Monday the 25th to exchange it. I'll say though until Thursday (a week from today) is when I'd want to exchange it, if I needed to. Do you guys think by then the battery should be at its fullest potential? I absolutely love the phone otherwise and am very happy I got it, but I don't want to be stuck with a faulty battery.

9. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Yes. I got my iPhone 4 on June 11, and my battery was experiencing the lifetime I posted above within two weeks of owning it.

Besides, even if you didn't by the 25th you're covered by Apple's 1 year warranty for faulty parts. They'd replace it.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts