Should I exchange my macbook pro 13.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davey118, Jul 30, 2011.

1. davey118 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I just bought a brand new macbook pro 13 inch from Best Buy and when I opened it I noticed a scuff in the aluminium by the right side of the keyboard. It is only noticeable from a certain angle, unfortunately that angle is exactly where I like to sit distance wise from the computer. Is it being to picky to expect it to not be scuffed out of the box? I mean if I damaged it I wouldn't have a problem, but spending over a grand on a computer my thoughts are that it should be flawless out of the packaging. Is this type of thing common for new macbooks? Just looking for opinions on whether others would exchange the item for this issue.

Thanks

2. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Try using a bit of distilled water and a microfiber cloth to buff it out first, I've seen this on a few new MacBook Pro's where I work and this took care of the blemishes.

If that doesn't work and it bothers you, then exchange it, because otherwise you won't be fully satisfied with it and you deserve to be with such a large purchase on an item such as a MacBook Pro.

3. seong macrumors 65816

seong

If it's something that you can clean up, then I wouldn't even think about returning it. However, if those were scratches that you can't get rid of, you should ask for it.

4. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Of course you should return it. This is what the satisfaction warranty is for. Pay for a new MBP, get a shiny new MBP.

5. palpatine macrumors 68040

if it is a blemish that comes clean, no big deal (something during the manufacturing process maybe), but if it is a more significant one of some sort, i would exchange it asap.

6. davey118 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys,

Yeah, I can't stand it. I can't stop looking at it. It is definitely ingrained in the aluminum. It's going to have to go back for my sanity. It's really annoying as I was looking forward to setting it up. But I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I wish I were less anal.

7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. If you're not satisfied with what you have received, there is no harm in returning it. They have return period policies for a reason.

No worries, man.

8. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

You have every right to be as a customer, don't settle for anything less than a computer that looks and performs the way that you expect and deserve.

9. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

not to mention that you did buy the computer "brand new"....

10. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

I see these posts pop up and my advice is, if this was a car or tv and had a scratch on it, would you accept it? There is no reason to settle with any type of defect. Also, Apple is amazing about keeping you happy. Hopefully BB will be the same.