Should I exchange my new iPhone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by plchung, Sep 17, 2008.

1. plchung macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I just purchased a new iphone last night. But when I check the settings, it says the usage time is 6 hours 7 min and the standby time is 18 hours 12 min since last full charge. I've never charged my new iphone and is straight out from the box at ATT store. Does this mean that someone has used this iphone before? Should I go back to store and ask for a new one?

Thanks

2. kes601 macrumors regular

No, usage time has to do with it checking email, surfing the web, etc., not just talk time. This is probably stuff you have done since first unboxing it.

It had to be charged at some point or it wouldn't have turned on when you first received it.

3. plchung thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I haven't used this iphone at all, not even surf the web or listen music. All I have done is turn it on and check the setting. But there is already usage time of "6 hours" ! It looks like someone used this iphone before?

4. cdarlington1 macrumors regular

cdarlington1

I would take it back

Same thing happened to me and it turned out that it had been sold then returned within a couple of days and for some reason had been resold to me...they have me a new one...:)