Should I expect an iPad Air price drop?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAddict2014, Sep 19, 2015.

1. MacAddict2014 macrumors newbie

Here, in Canada, the iPad Air 1 costs 470$. Do you guys think that I should expect a price drop with the release of the iPad Pro in November? Should I wait or the price of the iPad Air will remain the same? Thanks.

2. newellj macrumors 601

I would not expect a price drop on the 9.7" iPads when the Pro is introduced. It is likely to happen when the Air 3 is introduced, which according to which rumors you believe and which fortune cards you're reading is likely to happen next month, next spring or a year from now. You should be able to find periodic sales on them at places like Best Buy, and Apple refurbs are as good as new ones without the white box.

3. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

I don't know about the iPad Air 1, but for those living in the USA at least, take a look at Staples today. They have the iPad Air 2 on sale for $150 off (instant savings). So, you can get a 64GB wifi Air 2 for $449. I'd call that a steal.

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

There are some great deals on refurbished iPads through Apple as well. Don't overlook those. Just like new but cheaper. :)

5. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

For comparison, Apple is selling the same thing on their Refurbished site for $509.

Here in the States, you can routinely get the 32GB Air 1 for $399 and I've seen it on sale for $349 in the past month.

6. MacAddict2014 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answers but here in Canada Staples doesn't have (good) deals and Apple never has refurbished iPads online.

7. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

That's too bad! This current sale at Staples is like a clearance price.