Should I fix My Iphone, or get a new one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by limeslusho, May 9, 2010.

1. limeslusho macrumors newbie

A while ago, my phone's LCD screen cracked and killed about half the pixels on the left side. I don't know how it cracked, I wasn't doing anything rough and no one else had touched it either. I called apple and they said insurance wouldn't cover it, and it would cost $200 to repair. I've been trying to figure out wether I should find some website that can fix it cheap or if I should buy a new Iphone in June. The only problems are that my mom got a new phone in January, renewing our contract, and I'm going to be gone June 14th and pretty much the rest of the month, so if the rumors are true and the new iphones went on sale during WWDC then that would give it three days to get here. I don't know what to do, but if the better, and cheaper, thing to do would be to repair it on some other website, could someone please suggest one. I forgot to mention my Iphone is a 3GS if that changes anything.

2. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

I recommend my company. But in all seriousness there are good ones out there it boils down to where you live.

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

or mine!! lol :cool:

but yes you can get your lcd replaced on a 3gs for about $125 most anywhere. just make sure it is a OEM Apple LCD not one off eBay or Amazon.com. they are junk!